An Eggcellent Easter!
Published: Wednesday 15th Feb 2017
Written by: Anita Lee
Venture into Pembrokeshire this Easter.
Easter is a lovely time of year to enjoy the true delights of Pembrokeshire with the family, whether it’s a short stay or longer there still plenty to see and do. It’s quite refreshing to explore Pembrokeshire’s hidden gems with the family.
Off the beaten track - Pembrokeshire
- Take a look at Pembrokeshire’s new attraction, Dr Beynon’s Bug Farm near St David’s for all those budding entomologist. Take a step inside the world of insects and have a meal in the grub kitchen.
- Visit St Govan’s 13th century chapel built on the ledge of the cliffs, if you count the steps on the way down and again on the way back up, if you get the same number it will be a first.
- Its Easter -everyone’s allowed a bit of chocolate, visit the Wickedly Welsh Chocolate Company, just outside of Haverfordwest. You will be able to watch the professionals making chocolate and inventing new flavours. Head to the ‘have a go zone’ and see what you can produce.
- April is a fantastic month to visit Skomer Island, half a mile off the Pembrokeshire coastline and put simply is a paradise for wildlife!Famous for its puffins and Manx Sheerwater’s lining the clifftops. Take the short boat trip to the island, in the spring the island appears blue with carpets of bluebells.
- Pentre Ifan is the Welsh version of Stonehenge, stand in the shadows of this Neolithic structure.
- Walk around the Bosherston Lily Ponds and take in all the birds and other wildlife which gravitates to this wonderful area. The bluebells and primroses start to blossom in Spring and add attractive colours to the banks and hedges. Keep your eyes open for those cheeky otters. From the lilyponds there is direct access onto Broad Haven South beach which is a beautiful soft sandy beach backed by dunes.
For the kids - Easter Egg Trails
- Welsh Wildlife Centre – Cilgerran
- Carew Castle, Nr Tenby
- Colby Woodland Gardens, Nr Saundersfoot
- Picton Castle, Nr Haverfordwest
- Tudor Merchants House, Tenby
- Stackpole Estate, Nr Pembroke
All activities and attractions subject to change.